Overseas Delivery | Tourist
Sweden is calling!
Design your adventure of a lifetime
How it works
1. Place your order
Visit your local Volvo retailer to design your custom Volvo or request information. Place and confirm your order with a $3,000 deposit.
2. Design your vacation
Our Overseas Travel Concierge will help book your complimentary core travel package.
3. Pick up your vehicle
Pick up your new Volvo at the Gothenburg Factory Delivery Center in Sweden.
4. Explore overseas
You will have the freedom to move in a safe and sustainable way. Explore the roads of Sweden and Europe on your terms.
5. Ship your Volvo home
When your adventure concludes, drop off your Volvo at the Factory Delivery Center or at one of our many authorized drop off points across Europe.* Volvo will then take care of all requirements to get your Volvo home to your local retailer.
Your adventure includes
- Roundtrip Airfare for Two (2)**– Volvo will fly the customer and a guest to Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Premium cabin airfare will be provided on select airline partners
- Priority boarding and security line access
- Airline lounge access when flying with our select airline partners
- Hotel accommodations in the heart of Gothenburg, Sweden (2 nights and 1 dinner).***
- VIP Delivery by a Factory-trained Delivery Specialist at Volvo's Factory Delivery Experience Center.
- Temporary European vehicle registration and insurance coverage while in Europe.****
- Home Shipment to your local U.S. Volvo Retailer, including Marine Insurance coverage.*
- Access to our Overseas Travel Concierge – they will help you plan an amazing journey outside of our core travel package for an additional fee.*****
Your refined adventure begins in Gothenburg
When you land in Gothenburg, Sweden, we'll pick you up and drive you to your hotel. The next morning, we'll give you a ride to the Volvo Factory Delivery Center where your new Volvo awaits.
Have a seat at the Factory Delivery Center's restaurant and experience the wonder of our Swedish culture with a gourmet lunch.
When our factory is open, you'll have the opportunity to see where your new Volvo came to life and discover what makes our vehicles so unique. You can also visit our Volvo Museum – just let us know if you're interested.
You'll get to know your new Volvo and all of its exciting features with the help of our specially trained staff. In the afternoon, get to know your Volvo one on one. Begin a new journey on the roads of Europe.
* Vehicles dropped at locations other than Gothenburg will incur an additional fee. Please refer to the Volvo Home Shipment Program page for a full list of available locations and pricing. US destination charge still applies.
** Lounge passes and access where available.
*** 2 night hotel stay only eligible with model year 2023 order placed after August 5th, 2022.
**** Tourist vehicles must be exported from EU within 6 months from their delivery date – provided the exportation is made in Sweden. Drop off locations in Sweden are covered for 6 months. For vehicles dropped off outside Scandinavia, an export declaration in connection to the new vehicle delivery is required. The vehicle must then leave Europe within 90 days from the delivery date – this reduces your use of the car to 2 months in Europe. If you fail to drop off your vehicle for home shipment within the 2-6 months’ timeframe, Volvo Cars will be required to disclose your personal information (including your SSN) to the Swedish tax authority. You will also be responsible for payment of Swedish VAT and other applicable cost and taxes, in addition to possible penalties in Europe. The VAT is 25% of the car purchase price
***** Volvo is only responsible for the core travel package, anything outside this package, including additional travel and activities will be between the customer and our travel agency.